Tuesday, May 31, 2011

DAY 17 - Car Wash

It's been raining. Water spots abound. I can't stand a dirty car, so we took a trip to the do-it-yourself car wash. It was a quick in and quick out and $1.75 later we were on the way home. When we arrived I wiped off the remaining water drops with a microfiber towel, including inside the hood, trunk, and doors. I felt much better afterwards.

The temperature was around 85 degrees today. We spent some time hard-driving on the interstate, and the oil temperature got up to 250 degrees for the first time. From what I've read, that's not out of line or excessive. I did notice during our highway trip that the cabin seemed a bit nosier than the old Lexus as I remember it. Perhaps I just didn't drive that fast in the Lexus. And it didn't have run-flat tires. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Even at 85 mph, the car still seems to be begging for more speed. It's tempting, but we're still in the break-in-stay-under-100-mph period. But we've passed the 500 mile mark now so it won't be too much longer.

And that's about it for the news today. Oh, still haven't checked that BMW Assist button again to see what happens. Supposedly, according to my SA, they were going to get that taken care of. I'll check it tomorrow and let you know what I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment