Monday, May 30, 2011

DAY 16 - BMW Assist

I decided to check my BMW Assist button yesterday. I was surprised and a bit disappointed when I got a recording stating that my vehicle wasn't enrolled in the program. Hmmm, thought I, perhaps my vehicle did not come with the BMW Assist option.

A quick check of my spec sheet showed that my car did, in fact, include the BMW Assist option. In addition, an internet search informed me that the BMW Assist option automatically comes with any vehicle that includes the Premium Package. It appears that my dealer failed to enroll my vehicle in the program. That's not an issue at this point, since we've caught it in time. However, it COULD have been an issue if we hadn't discovered it. According to BMW USA, owners have to enroll within the first 60 days or lose the option.

I wanted to get this fixed as soon as possible (I hate loose ends) so I placed a call to BMW. Unfortunately, they're not in today. Naturally, the dealership isn't open either. So, I'll need to remember to give them a call tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm sending an email to the SA at the dealership to inform him of the issue. Hopefully, I can handle the enrollment with BMW by phone. After it becomes active, I'll let you know how it works.

UPDATE: Just received a call from my SA. He said he would take care of it, and it should be activated within an hour or so. We shall we what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment