Sunday, May 22, 2011

DAY NINE - Dragnet and the Case of Continual Rain

Dragnet, the radio version, began broadcasting in 1949, the year I was born. And today, 62 years later, I listened to an original episode. It was broadcast on satellite radio channel 82 (Radio Classics). In case you're too young to remember, those actors in the photo on the left are Jack Webb and Harry Morgan. You may remember Harry as Colonel Potter from M.A.S.H. I'm kind of a NOSTALGIA lover, so I'm liking this Radio Classics channel.

This iDrive is pretty nifty. It's going to take me some time to figure out all its capabilities. So I'll need to read the manual some more and get the facts. Just the facts, as Joe Friday would say.

Meanwhile, it rained again yesterday. It doesn't look too threatening right now, but the weather in KC has a tendency of changing when you least expect it. According to the forecast, it's supposed to rain Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this coming week. I'd love to wash the car to get all of those irritating little water spots off the paint, but it seems like a waste of time and water at this point. I may wait until next weekend.

Although, now that I think of it, I do have some Meguiar's Detail Spray and a microfiber towel I could use to clean the water spots out of the door openings and off the thresholds. And I could check that coolant level when the engine is cold and see where it's setting.

Leave a comment if you have a favorite radio station or specific washing or detailing hints, or favorite products, or iDrive info, or anything else you'd like to comment on.

No comments:

Post a Comment