Friday, June 24, 2011

DAY 42 - I'm back

It's been two weeks since I've posted on this blog, and I apologize to those of you who have been visiting and hoping to read more info. So let me bring you "up-to-speed" with what's been happening since the last time I was here.

My wife and I took a road trip to Marshalll, Missouri, last weekend for a family reunion. It's a little under 100 mile trip from Kansas City and it's pretty much a straight shot east on I-70. It was a sunny day, and the car performed great with a couple of exceptions: First, I'm pretty certain I need to make a visit to the service department at the dealership to get an alignment. The car wanted to wander slowly to the right when I let go of the wheel. Not a severe degree of wandering, but enough to let me know there was something not quite correct. It didn't matter which lane I was in. It wandered to the right in both of them.

Secondly, the car seemed a little noisier than the Lexus. Perhaps that's to be expected, but I wasn't expecting it. It's probably the runflat tires that are the culprits for the noise, and I guess I'll just have to live with it for now.

I passed the 1,200 mile break-in number on the odometer yesterday, so I'm going to start doing a little more accelerator punching when the opportunity presents itself. Occasionally. The price of gas is the only reason I don't punch it more often just for the sheer joy of it. When I do throw caution to the wind, I'm sure I must have a look like Mr. Sardonicus for the next mile or so. In case you've never seen that old William Castle film, you might want to google it and get a look at the guy. You'll understand when you see him.

So that's it for today from this reporter. I hope you'll leave a comment and tell me what's going on with you and your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment